cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Study of six periodic functions with PRIME 7

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Study of six periodic functions with PRIME 7

Hello everyone,
I report, in the attached file, my experience in passing from MATHCAD 15 that I have been using for decades, to the new PRIME 7 .... which seems very rudimentary in everything (difficulty in repagination, very limited copy and paste, no print preview, and so on as it is already known).

2 REPLIES 2

It seems that if PTC wants to keep its current users and attract other users to continue using Mathcad Prime 7 and future versions, it would be URGENT to make some improvements to the handling of graphics and other things like that that are closer to Mathcad 15.
Otherwise, it will be very difficult, as if the things that were attractive, that you could do simple and were easily intuitive in Mathcad 15 compared to other math software's that are actually in the market are set aside or not implemented as soon as possible then most likely many users will migrate to other software that offers more capabilities, even if they are not so easily readable.
I haven't used Mathcad Prime much until recently (I used Mathcad 15), but it's disappointing that there aren't that many good things that are implemented in Mathcad 15 and that don't exist in Mathcad Prime until now if it was decided to continue with the latter (Mathcad Prime).

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Cornel)

It's now more then 10 years ago that PTC brought out Prime. And when users of Prime 1 complained that it wasn't up to the capabilities of Mathcad 15, PTC promised that would be solved within a few iterations. That is now more than 10 years, and 6 iterations ago.

PTC Promises promises promises

Luc

Top Tags