cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Substituting and Solving Equations

dnolan
1-Newbie

Substituting and Solving Equations

Hello,

I was wondering what the best way to solve a set of equations would be. The process I was hoping to use was to define a bunch of variables (some of the varibales have unknowns) and then set them all equal to eachother and/or substitute equations into one another in order to solve for one variable. After solving everything for the variable "B" in the attached Mathcad sheet, I wanted to be able to write a final statement that is the final equation with all of the variables inserted and solve for "B." I know how to solve the final equation for qs by hand, but I wanted something more user friendly to print out and view for those who don't need to see all of the steps in calculations. The only steps I want to show would be defining all of the variables or functions, then my final equation to solve, and the solution for "B."

Is there a way to do this in Mathcad? Thank you for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:dnolan)

Can't figure out what you're trying to do, so the only suggestion is to read the help file entry on Solve Block

TTFN

The attached might help, though I'm not sure it does exactly what you want.

Alan

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:dnolan)

Your description is a bit confusing to me but I guess you are searching how to solve the equation q.s(B)=q for B.

See if the attached file can help doing so.

BTW, if you want to hide calculations from view you may consider putting them in a collapsed area.

Werner is right; the equation is a cubic not a quartic as I say in my worksheet. It can be solved symbolically to find the only positive solution:

MHelp.PNG

Alan

Top Tags