cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Sum of square

TN_9676358
6-Contributor

Sum of square

hello,

I'm curious if we able to do sum of square in mathcad? I'm thinking to the the sum of square on math cad for the filtered temperature and unfiltered temperature. Scenario 4 & 5. 

if it is impossible to do it on mathcad, would you please recommend me the way to download the data to excel?

Thank you so much

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:TN_9676358)

Certainly Mathcad can do the sum of squares.

Make sure your data is in a vector like:

LucMeekes_0-1603272026193.png

Now you can easily calculate the sum of the square values:

LucMeekes_1-1603272055998.png

For an arbitrary length vector you write is as follows:

LucMeekes_2-1603272088313.png

Success!
Luc

TN_9676358
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Hello,

Thank you so much for the information. i believed it is SSE of Tsf and Tf. Do you know any function to extract the data to excel?

Thank you so much

Looking for something like this?

Werner_E_0-1603276056435.png

TN_9676358
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Hello,

I will just have to do it seperaly then ratio of SSE of Tsf/ SSE Tf.

i will try it now. Thank you so much

TN_9676358
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

I think I forgot to mention that is sum of squared fit (SSE) or residual :(.  I think there is a function call leastsquarefit in Mathcad but im not sure.

Thank you so much everyone

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:TN_9676358)

Ah, you want a fitting function...

How about genfit() ?

Success!

Luc

I think there is a function call leastsquarefit in Mathcad but im not sure.

You really need to start using the on-line documentation.  There are a number of fitting functions, including genfit (as Luc says) that will find the least square fit to your own function (requires work.)

From the on-line help for Prime Express 4.0:

fits.JPG

@TN_9676358 wrote:

I think I forgot to mention that is sum of squared fit (SSE) or residual :(.  I think there is a function call leastsquarefit in Mathcad but im not sure.

Yes, there is LeastSquaresFit(..), but I am not sure if it does what you intend.

See here: https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r6.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Fleastsquaresfit_and_confidence_func.html%23

Top Tags