cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Summary Section at the Top of the Page

apowell-2
1-Newbie

Summary Section at the Top of the Page

I'm working on a set of calculations whereby the input values are located at the top of the document and the values which I need to compare are scattered down through the calculations. Is there anyway of having the values required at the top, next to the input values (on the right hand page if possible so I can make them non-printable)? This way I am not changing one input and scrolling through everything to find what I need.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mathcad calculates left to right and top to bottom.  Expressions "know" what's above and to the left of them.

That said, you can put a summary section at the bottom.  And you can put your calculations in an "AREA" and collapse it--calculations are active but not seen or printed.  So you'd have the input section with the summary section below it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mathcad calculates left to right and top to bottom.  Expressions "know" what's above and to the left of them.

That said, you can put a summary section at the bottom.  And you can put your calculations in an "AREA" and collapse it--calculations are active but not seen or printed.  So you'd have the input section with the summary section below it.

Thanks Fred, I never thought of using an area and collapsing it

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:apowell-2)

In Mathcad Prime, that is not possible. In Mathcad 15 it is possible, but I would argue that Fred's suggestion of using a collapsible area is preferable.

Another idea where you would have input values and results side by side to avoid scrolling is to use global assignments of your input variables at the end of your sheet.

Top Tags