cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Support Options

Michael-K
2-Guest

Support Options

Does anyone have suggestions on how to actually get support for MathCad? I've been trying for months (closer to a year) to fix a problem, where PTC screwed up and added our new MathCad user to another customers account, because our companies had similar names. Because he is not an admin, I can't get into their software tools, and our software does not seem to be registered correctly.

Emails go months without responses, their phone system is always "experiencing difficulties" and messages left do not get a call back. Have submitted more than once case for this. This is easily the most ridiculous lack of support I have encountered. It's impossible to get a live person on the phone to fix what should be a very simple thing.

Anyone have any ideas how I can actually get support for this software? Thanks!

Michael

3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the club and welcome to the world of PTC and their very special interpretation of the meaning of "support".

My sporadic experience with support (it quite a while that I openend the last case) is, that by opening a case I always got an reaction, often a phone call - very friendly but technically little versed.

From what I read in this forum by others concerning support for licensing, installation, etc. - IF you have luck to get in contact with someone of PTC Support staff, the problem usually was solved satisfactorily. Getting in contact with somebody competent is the big problem, as you have experienced yourself.

If you scan this forum you will find other threads complaining about non-existing support.

Very seldom but from time to time PTC staff is reading threads in this forum and then they usually are rather helpful.

So you may scan the forum (the search function here is demanding, too) for those threads and try to contact these staff member through PM here. At least it may be worth a try.

The last thread of this sort (as far as i remember) was this.

@Michael-K wrote:

Does anyone have suggestions on how to actually get support for MathCad? I've been trying for months (closer to a year) to fix a problem, where PTC screwed up and added our new MathCad user to another customers account, because our companies had similar names. Because he is not an admin, I can't get into their software tools, and our software does not seem to be registered correctly.

Emails go months without responses, their phone system is always "experiencing difficulties" and messages left do not get a call back. Have submitted more than once case for this. This is easily the most ridiculous lack of support I have encountered. It's impossible to get a live person on the phone to fix what should be a very simple thing.

Anyone have any ideas how I can actually get support for this software? Thanks!

Michael

Hi,

is your "problematic" user able to login to support.ptc.com website ? If answer = YES then try following:

Martin Hanák

We are good now - after I left multiple voicemails, sent 5 emails and submitted another case yesterday, a person got back with us and helped. Apparently they created the correct account for us in May, but did move the user in the wrong account over to that new account. They did this yesterday, and we finally can use the software. Thanks!

Michael

Top Tags