cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Surface plot

SFares
12-Amethyst

Surface plot

Hello,

i am trying to plot this surface, but it is not showing. not sure what i am doing wrong. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See the attached for one possibility. You can play with the appearance to your heart's content.

Alan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

See the attached for one possibility. You can play with the appearance to your heart's content.

Alan

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:SFares)

Thank you Alan!

what was wrong with the way i was doing it? i thought mathcad will draw the surface without "Ceate Mesh" command.

In Mathcad 15 when you are plotting a function, you need write the function name f in the placeholder. and not f(x,y) as you had done.

surface plot.jpg

In Prime you can do write it both ways, function name only or function name with arguments.

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:tdevaraj)

Thank you Thomas!

SFares
12-Amethyst

Hello Thomas,

The shape that i have pasted in my sheet for the end result does not match what you are showing. what needs to be done? Thank you!

oh, I may have rotated the plot slightly and zoomed in on it ... nothing else.

SFares
12-Amethyst

Thomas,

The plot you have does not match what Alan did. Is there away by using your method to plot the function to look like Alan's?

Compare the following:

surfaceplot.PNG

I prefer the CreateMesh version!

Alan.

Top Tags