cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Symbolic calculation using matrix callouts.

EdmondDantes92
1-Newbie

Symbolic calculation using matrix callouts.

I can not figure out the syntax mistakes I am making. I know there is a way to use matrix callouts together with symbolic equations. In the included example I want to get a 3 row 1 column back where the top row is calculated using the top row of all the matrices mentioned and the second row is calculated using the second row of all the matrices mentioned and so on. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hi

Enclosed Prime 5.0 file

Cheers

Terry

Here goes symbolic:

LM_20190416_Symbolic.png

But still, if you don't like complex results, AND don't want derive the solution by hand, as Terry did, you can do as in attached Prime5 file.

Success!
Luc

In case of your equation it really seems the most appropriate approach to solve the equation by hand and use this result directly, as Terry had shown.

But in case of more complex equations this may be not possible (or at least too uncomfortable).

So Luc's approach comes handy - turning the calculation into a function and calling this function vectorized.

Using the symbolic solve that way works in Prime, too, as can be seen in the attached sheet, but you get four results for each row of your matrices and its not that easy (while sure possible) to limit the result to something like the range ]0; pi[.

As you are just looking for numeric results anyway I would suggest you use numeric methods of Prime. Either the "root" command as shown by Luc or a numeric solve block, where you can easily add additional constraints:

B.png

Top Tags