cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Symbolic solving a linear system of equations

DanMadsen
1-Newbie

Symbolic solving a linear system of equations

Hi gang

I'm a new user in this forum, but have used it from time to time when searching for inspiration

3 REPLIES 3

See in Mathcad help:

QuickSheets/Solvung Equations/ Solving a Linear System of Equation:

Viktor

I've got a set of X equations with X unknows which describe an electrical circuit by nodal analysis. The system is fairly easy to solve when substiting the constants in the system with real values e.g. R.202 := 1 and so forth to determine the unknowns of the system.

I would like to evaluate this circuit symbolically, which is possible to do with similar systems (a tiny bit simpler, but similar) - but Mathcad chokes on this problem (hang'n'crash).

I've tried to reduce the number of system equations by substitution/superposition (which did the trick for the other systems when evaluating them 100% symbolically) - but I at an endpass with this system.

Given, Find() combo doesn't change the lack of Mathcad results.

I've tried to solve this problem on the following setups:

Mathcad14 M020

Mathcad 15 M005

Mathcad 15 M010

Do anyone in the community have an idea of how to symbolically solve a "complicated" linear system of equations using either:

(vector of equations),solve(unknowns) or

the given,find(unknowns) combo?

Tips'n'tricks and if you have another approach, then suggestions are more than welcome

Best regards
Dan

Hi Viktor

Tried the last suggestion in the guide using lsolve(M,v) instead, but no joy - still ends up with giving a MUPAD dll kernel error (Mathcad crash).

(Attached below)

Anyone who know of a method for preparing the system equations (making it easier for Mathcad to solve)?

Top Tags