cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Symbolics within a programming box

dcavaiuolo
1-Newbie

Symbolics within a programming box

Hello all,

is it possible to use symbolics calculation within a programming box in MathCad Prime 3.1? In particular I'd need to solve an equation using symbolics evaluation (float,32) and use the obtained result,that is a real number, for further calculation within the same programming box.

Thank you!

Domenico

6 REPLIES 6

One test

Thanks! I think that it works well when there is a single expression within the box; here, in my example, I would like to apply symbolic calculation only to "nchoosek" formula (within the programming box) but it seems not to be possible (as also Stuart says below) . When I evaluate symbolically the whole programming box, the result is not what I need.

Domenico

Domenico Cavaiuolo wrote:

Hello all,

is it possible to use symbolics calculation within a programming box in MathCad Prime 3.1? In particular I'd need to solve an equation using symbolics evaluation (float,32) and use the obtained result,that is a real number, for further calculation within the same programming box.

Thank you!

Just to add to Valery's answer, AFAIA, you can't do individual symbolic calculations within a program. Mathcad calculates the entire program symbollically (or numerically).

Stuart

Thank you!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dcavaiuolo)

No. This was possible, via a copy and paste workaround because it was an unintended feature, back in Mathcad 11. It violated Mathsoft's agreement with Maplesoft.though, so in Mathcad 12 the ability to do this was removed. It has never been put back, even after the symbolic engine was changed to Mupad.

Thank you!

Top Tags