cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Tables using mathcad

ptc-3935425
1-Newbie

Tables using mathcad

Dear all,

I'm just new,exploring mathcad.

I'm trying to do some simplae calculationns.

Please see attached and help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Dinesh,

your problem is a simple one: you forgot the units (degrees in your case). Add them to the matrices and you'll get the proper resul; see image.

Raiko

P.S.

I suggest for future inquiries to add the worksheet in question and give some information as to which MC version and operating system.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hello Dinesh,

your problem is a simple one: you forgot the units (degrees in your case). Add them to the matrices and you'll get the proper resul; see image.

Raiko

P.S.

I suggest for future inquiries to add the worksheet in question and give some information as to which MC version and operating system.

Thanks a lot Raiko, I have another question to go with, looking for your answers

continuing with similar example,I'm trying to relate a formula to it.I'm not getting.

Any help please. I know it's a silly mistake,but still looking forward your help

Please see attachment.Capture.JPG

You are confusing range variables with vectors! A common mistake as they may look alike but aren't. Range variables are sort of an implicit for-loop and should be used for indexing matrices/vectors, for plotting and in programmed loops only.

Make your angles true vectors and it will work.

For future questions: Please attach your worksheet!

arm.png

Hi, Thanks for the help.I'm trying to replicate the same,but not getting.I don't know what mistake I do.

I have attached the worksheet,Please advice

You have used the wrong subscript.

Mathcad has two different subscripts. The first is the one you used, it is usually called the literal subscript ( "w.i") and is an optical subscript only with no more meaning to the programm than any other letter you would type.

The subscript you need here is the vector or matrix subscript you get by typing "[" ("w[i") or get from the matrix palette. This is to access the single elements of a matrix/vector. As "i" is a range variable, MC it will cycle through its ten values and create the single elements of the vector.

As MC by default starts counting indices by zero thats the value the range variable starts at.

See attached for further details.

Thanks a lot

Hi, whether mathcad has two different superscripts too ???

There is no "literal" superscript.

But in a special sense there still are two superscripts: exponentiation (^) and matrix column (ctrl-6) selection. The latter could be even used on the LHS of an assignment, the first one not.

Top Tags