cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Templates in Mathcad 15

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

Templates in Mathcad 15

I am having trouble creating a template for use in Mathcad 15.  Specifically, I cannot get my text specification to "stick".   I go into the templates directory in Mathcad, choose the Griffin template in which I have specified my desired parameters, including 11 pt arial text.   Now, I save the template, open Mathcad click on new, open the Griffin template.  Everything works except the text.  It comes out at 12 point arial.   What am I doing wrong ?

5 REPLIES 5
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:Joeboy)

My Mathcad is "served,"  the license and information points somewhere else.  So my template doesn't show up in the list under the pull-down:

I can go to the local folder (where the template is) and open it, but a generic "save" after working in it saves as a template--must do a "save as," to create a xmcd file.

I want to change the text specification and save the file as a template (as you indicate) but when I go back in to open the template I find the text specification did not stick. 

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Two files attached:

• a template file created in version 15 with
    • a single standard text block with a modified font
    • a change to the paragraph style to a truly ridiculous font
  • an xmcd file created by opening the new template, starting a new "normal" text and a new "paragraph" text.

Do you need to change the style in the "format/style" menu?

Fred Kohlhepp написал(а):

My Mathcad is "served,"  the license and information points somewhere else.  So my template doesn't show up in the list under the pull-down:

I can go to the local folder (where the template is) and open it, but a generic "save" after working in it saves as a template--must do a "save as," to create a xmcd file.

Opps! It is my sheet in Fred Mathcad.

Fred - see please new version of this task - One task with 3 bobs - Forces searching

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

If Mathcad 15 is anything like Mathcad 11 in this respect...

Notice that the text you normally type has one of the paragraph types that you select with the leftmost selector.

It's set at 'Normal' by default, but could als be changed to e.g. 'Heading1'. And you can have multiple paragraph types in the same text block.

But they're paragraph types, you canot have multiple paragraph types in the same line, but you can change font, size and appearance (Biu) of parts of a line/paragraph. To change text styles, you use the Format > Style... menu item.

So to permanently change your text font, you should change the paragraph type for 'Normal' (and others as you wish).

Another 'text' like thing is the 'math text font':

This is one of the predefined styles for mathematical expressions. I think it's a leftover of an older version of mathcad. In mathcad 11 I have never seen it appear automatically, even though I tried to provoke it. But it does not control your text (in text box) appearance.

Hope this helps.

Luc

Top Tags