cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Text Styles

mzeftel
1-Newbie

Text Styles

Hi all,

I am working on defining default Text Styles for Mathcad Prime. We will be adding the option of defining your own text styles as well.

Are there specific text styles that you use in your documents?

What fonts do you tend to use for text?

We are also adding formatting options for math.

Thanks,

Mona

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mzeftel)

There are some obvious categories of styles, such as heading, subheading, etc, but I think everyone will have different preferences for what those are.

My default font is Tahoma, for the very good reason (in a math package) that you can easily tell the difference between 1, l, I and |.

Arial: 1 l I |

Times New Roman: 1 l I |

Tahoma: 1 l I |

I was just looking into that. Microsoft uses Calibri, which looks nice, but is not good at distinguishing those characters.

And the default text font for Mathcad Prime is already Tahoma! Glad you like it.

Mona

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mzeftel)

And the default text font for Mathcad Prime is already Tahoma!

We have had the font discussion before

I use Georgia, to begin with for the same character differences that Richard mentioned, and then because I like a "different" look to my doc (descenders on numbers, &c.). I use Berhard Mod for the same reason, though must less often.

In M15, I have defined 9 common styles; in addition, I have defiend 2 "normal" styes, 1 with a paragraph indent, and 1 without.

I think that allowing us to define our own styles, a default style, and font style/sizes for math are all important.

~R~

edit: Oh, yes, it seems that we still cannot set the font size for footers? That makes them unusable for me.

~R~

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Ninetrees)

Actually, Georgia turns out to be a very good choice. It's almost equivalent to Tahoma. A long expression is longer in Georgia then in Tahoma (well, my test expression is anyway), but it's marginal. The big plus of Georgia is that it handles the combining marks much better than Tahoma. So I just changed my vote to Georgia as the default.

Now I think I have to change my default templates too

Top Tags