cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Text as a result

AndreasZieritz
7-Bedrock

Text as a result

I've done a short programblock, where the result asa text is assigned to a variable.

Simplified like that:

text:="Results er ok."

Now is it possible to just show the result of the variable "text" in the worksheet without showing "text="?

5 REPLIES 5

Three possibilities come to mind:

1) put an empty object (e.g. "Insert/Picture") over the part you don't want to see

2) use symbolic evaluation and hide the LHS (you will still see the right arrow or an equal sign, though)

3) use a scripted component to display the text. Here you could also change the fore- and background color of the text depending on the result

I am assuming you are using Mathcad 15 (or below). Otherwise in Prime 2) and 3) will not be available and I am not sure about 1).

Forgot to mention that I am using Mathcad Prime 3.

Andreas Zieritz wrote:

Forgot to mention that I am using Mathcad Prime 3.

Sorry, my tricks only in Mathcad 15.

So the only way I can think of is placing a piece of white bitmap over the LHS - not exactly an elegant solution.

I just tried and it works. Its crazy but I found no way to change the order of the regions, so whatever is placed last is on top - in case of the following example its the first text evaluation.

05.12.png

Andreas Zieritz wrote:

I've done a short programblock, where the result asa text is assigned to a variable.

Simplified like that:

text:="Results er ok."

Now is it possible to just show the result of the variable "text" in the worksheet without showing "text="?

I insert different pictures as a text by the changing of languages on my Mathcad server.

One example.

http://twtmas.mpei.ac.ru/mas/Worksheets/Chem/Surface_Tension/isotherm_surf_ten_ERU_new.mcd

langs.png

And I do it when I want to have comments - all is ok or not ok - with colors

Top Tags