cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Text boxes change upon opening file

ptc-6685091
1-Newbie

Text boxes change upon opening file

One of our engineers mentioned that text boxes always change size when re-opening a file. So if his file contained a text box with 3 lines of text when he re-opens the file the text box has changed to 6 lines of text and the text box is smaller. He said this has been on ongoing issue since time began. Can someone shed some light on this?

12 REPLIES 12

This very likely happens when you edit and save while using a zoom factor different from 100%.

Are you using Mathcad 14 or mathcad 15?

We are using Mathcad 14. Thank you for getting back so quickly!

As far as I remember MC14 was quite famous for this effect, but it still happens sometimes with MC15, too.

Its quite cumbersome to consider that effect and make all textboxes abit wider than absolutely necessary.

Thank you for your very quick responses. I've forwarded your information to one of the engineers here. Thank you!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

As far as I remember MC14 was quite famous for this effect, but it still happens sometimes with MC15, too.

Its quite cumbersome to consider that effect and make all textboxes abit wider than absolutely necessary.

Quite right Werner, but I have never heard of the number of text lines changing.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

Quite right Werner, but I have never heard of the number of text lines changing.

I experience that quite often when I view at sheets with a 100% zoom and the sheet was created at 150% zoom level. The line number changes because the text doesn't fit the box and so we got more line breaks. Making the text box just slighter wider "cures" that problem.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Werner Exinger wrote:

Mike Armstrong wrote:

I experience that quite often when I view at sheets with a 100% zoom and the sheet was created at 150% zoom level. The line number changes because the text doesn't fit the box and so we got more line breaks. Making the text box just slighter wider "cures" that problem.

That might explain it then. I tend to only work with sheets created at 100% zoom.

That might explain it then. I tend to only work with sheets created at 100% zoom.

So do I, but a lot of sheets you get (e.g. also here in the forum) were created at a different zoom level.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Werner Exinger wrote:

So do I, but a lot of sheets you get (e.g. also here in the forum) were created at a different zoom level.

Poor performance if you ask me. The component should stay the same regardless of the zoom level.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Poor performance if you ask me. The component should stay the same regardless of the zoom level.

Fully agreed on!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6685091)

I take it you have de-selected all the autosize selections

The engineer is going to check the autosize selections and let me know. He said it happens specifically when he zooms. Thank you for your thoughts as well Mike. We appreciate it. When I have more info I will be sure to post it. Thank you

Top Tags