cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

The Prode Properties dll is here

HarveyHensley
3-Visitor

The Prode Properties dll is here

It took awhile to complete the dll for the last Prode functions.  Functions with arrays and with more than one result presented a problem.  I eventually had to buy some books on C++ and learn more about that language than I really care to know, but I finally figured how to do the calls.  Then I got busy with some other work which also added to the delay.

I've attached three files.  One is the prode.dll and an other, test PPP.xmcd, you can use to see if everything works.  The latter file also is a good tool for learning how to call and use the Prode Properties routines.  The third file is a pdf version of the test file to allow those without a Prode license to see what the Prode/Mathcad combination can do.  These files were developed using Prode Properties 1.19.c and Mathcad 15.  I am told that the dll should also work in Prime 3, but that hasn't been tested.  If you test these in Prime 2, please let us know the outcome. (I'm not even sure that Prime 2 has the capability for user dlls.)  The dll should work with the new release of Prode 1.2, but if not I will post an update when it's ready.

To use the dll in MC 15, place it in the "userefi" subdirectory of Mathcad 15.  Then open the test file and follow the instuctions at the top of the file.

Please let me know if there are errors in the test file or if you have suggestions for improving the test file documentation.  Also, please give feedback to the Community on your experience.  I've noticed that some of the routines are slow.  This is only noticeable when the routine is called hundreds of times in an integration problem.  In those cases, I have been able to use Prode as a means of supplying data to develop a faster function.  For example, a cubic temperature function can be easily developed for heat capacity from the Prode CompHG function that computes the enthalpy of a component in the gas state.  The announcement about Prode 1.2 indicates that some of the functions have been improved so the speed may be faster now.  Regardless, the data source alone should make life easier in many cases.

When Prime 3 arrives, the PTC plan is to present a webcast about the Prode/Mathcad link.  There still is no arrangement for updating the dll, but that will probably be resolved prior to the webcast.

8 REPLIES 8

I have checked the dll with Prode Properties 1.2 and it works fine.  It appears that no new functions were added for the Basic version.

My check was done with 32 bit versions of Mathcad and Prode.

thanks !!

looks really a interesting addition,

Matt

well done !

I hope to find the time to prepare a report.

thanks Mr. Hensley,

the documentation is really good, with many examples and comments,

A nice work, indeed,

should add a star for this work.

thank you very much !

Does the dll work with older versions ?

Joe Lanzi wrote:

thank you very much !

Does the dll work with older versions ?

I think it should work okay but I don't have any earlier versions to test.  If you try it, please let us know the results.

Harvey

Joe,

I've been told that the dll should work back to version 11.

thanks Harvey,

it should be just fine for me,

Joe

Top Tags