cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

The Three Reservoir Problem Revised In Prime

MBuck2
1-Newbie

The Three Reservoir Problem Revised In Prime

I converted an old Mathcad 12 template to MC Prime 2 see attached but for some reason the solve block is not returning a solution. Can anyone see the problem - is it something to do with units or has the solve block been set-up incorrectly for Prime?

Regards, Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have a look at the attached.

Alan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:MBuck2)

Hi Mark,

Can you upload your instant worksheet for Mathcad 12?

Vladmir;

That's my problem I cannot find the original version 12 file. I converted this some time ago and it would appear that I have changed some key aspects from the original but the methodology looks sound to me.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Mark Buckton wrote:

Vladmir;

That's my problem I cannot find the original version 12 file. I converted this some time ago and it would appear that I have changed some key aspects from the original but the methodology looks sound to me.

Could it be the one of yours in this thread?

http://communities.ptc.com/message/30412#30412

No that is still not the original file version 12 file that is an altered version that I was playing with but never completed.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Mark Buckton wrote:

No that is still not the original file version 12 file that is an altered version that I was playing with but never completed.

Just thought as that old file show the same error of Z.i not being functions as your Prime worksheet

Within the Solve block shouldn't ZA be Z(QA), ZB be Z(QB) etc?

Alan

Alan;

What you suggest is logical and I have done what you have suggested but now Mathcad is complaining that Ep needs to be a function but a function of what? It cannot be a function of flow rate as there are 3 independent flow rates? Any more suggestions?

Mark

Have a look at the attached.

Alan

Alan;

It appears I done what you had suggested but there must be a typo in my sheet - somewhere. Thank you. It now seems that the answers (flow rates) that are being generated are not plausible but that is another matter which I am now investigating,

Regards, Mark

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Mark Buckton wrote:

Alan;

What you suggest is logical and I have done what you have suggested but now Mathcad is complaining that Ep needs to be a function but a function of what? It cannot be a function of flow rate as there are 3 independent flow rates? Any more suggestions?

Mark

You probably forgot to change Z.A for Z !?

Top Tags