cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

The function values for the end points of the interval must be of opposite signs.

Leakchhayvat
7-Bedrock

The function values for the end points of the interval must be of opposite signs.

Dear Expert MathCAD Prime Users,
While I am doing my assignment of Reinforcement Concrete Column Design I have a problem when I reached design axial compressive  I can not find the Value of a as you can see in my attached file in MathCAD Prime 7.0. The error message is "The function for the end points of the interval must be at opposite signs".  As I mentioned problem, I would like you to show me how to fix  this issue in order I can make a Column Interaction Diagram.
I am looking forward for your help and recommend.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:Leakchhayvat)

May be you should check the unit and sign of Stress in Reinforcement Bar at first.

image.png

ttokoro_0-1621406061513.png

May be this one.

image.png

ttokoro_0-1621406174312.png

ttokoro_0-1621406396327.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

May be you should check the unit and sign of Stress in Reinforcement Bar at first.

image.png

ttokoro_0-1621406061513.png

May be this one.

image.png

ttokoro_0-1621406174312.png

ttokoro_0-1621406396327.png

I have tried it. Anyway, would you mind please kindly send me the that you edited to me? I will have a look. Because I know that I still miss something in this, but I can not find it.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Just change the * to , at min function.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Thank you sir! My bad.
I have solved it.

Top Tags