cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

There was a problem sending the command to the program - Mathcad 15

ptc-4701851
1-Newbie

There was a problem sending the command to the program - Mathcad 15

Hello,

When I try double clicking any of my calculation sheets I get "there was a problem sending the command to the program"

I work on a network license for Mathcad 15. OS is Windows 7. Anyone faced this problem before?

There is a way to get around this of course by clicking 'open' in mathcad and navigate to the location of the file, or by copying the path directly into the path box.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Many thanks,
Ahmad

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

This is not a specifi Mathcad error but has to do with the Ddeexec key of the open entry for the filetype in the registry which seems to be faukty. This was an error which was very common with Excel and Word.

You may try to uninstall and reinstall Mathcad and see if this straightens things out. Don't forget to save your license file first.

If not you may, apart from contacting PTC support, google for the error message and you will find a lot of links dealing with Microsoft Office programs. Some explain what options to set in the program and you obviously can ignore those. Others explain to delete the Ddeexec registry entry for the file type and you can apply that information accordingly (export the Ddeexec key first just to be bale to go back).

As far as I remember its HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Mathcad xmcd\Shell\Open\Ddeexec which has to be deletetd and the same with the other extensions xmcdz, mct and xmct.

Thanks Werner, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Ahmad

Did you check this article? It had 10 solutions to fix problem sending a command to the program error in the Windows operating system.

Top Tags