cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

This value mast be a vector

ptc-3682623
12-Amethyst

This value mast be a vector

Hi

I need help because I can"t solve my task. Please look at this situations. I need solve it vary guickly. Thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you know how to solve a linear system of equations by hand using Gauß' method?

Did you program the routines in your sheet yourself?

You made the matrix a triangular matrix. How would you proceed when you are forced to solve the system by hand? What would be the first value you can immedeatly dertermine?

1.png

After all the last line reads:

0*x_1 + 0*x_2 + 0*x_3 + 0*x_4 + 0*x_5 + 0*x_6 + 1*x_7 = -1.04887*10^-14

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3682623)

Assign x[N

You should realize that assiging 0 to x[N gives you a wrong result - a fifth order polynomiual which does not match your conditions. Richard had already advised you in the blog you created first that you have to decide which value to assign to get a correct result. If you assign the correct value, you get a result which closely matches the one you got using lsolve. See below and think about which value you would assign to x[7 when you would have to find the solutions manually.

I guess this is homework and you are forced to code the Gauß elimination yourself, right? Otherwise Mathcad would offer better ways and algorithms to get a solution.

1.png

Could You tell me Werner correct number of xn??

Could You sent me this solve in xmcd?

piotr grobelny wrote:

Could You sent me this solve in xmcd?

Here you are.

What do you think x[N should be?

I do not know what it should be

Do you know how to solve a linear system of equations by hand using Gauß' method?

Did you program the routines in your sheet yourself?

You made the matrix a triangular matrix. How would you proceed when you are forced to solve the system by hand? What would be the first value you can immedeatly dertermine?

1.png

After all the last line reads:

0*x_1 + 0*x_2 + 0*x_3 + 0*x_4 + 0*x_5 + 0*x_6 + 1*x_7 = -1.04887*10^-14

Top Tags