cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

This value must be a scarlar or a matrix.

Leakchhayvat
7-Bedrock

This value must be a scarlar or a matrix.

Dear Expert Persons in PTC Mathcad Prime,

I am sending this for lookin' for any helps form all of you. I am jut a beginner of Mathcad Prime. Anyway, I try it so many times but it came up like this error, eventually. Any clues of Mathcad operation please kindly show me in the the file below.

PS: This is just my practice following the torturing from the website.

I am here for hearing from all of you.

Thank You.

Best Regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should use Primes rudimentary error tracing facility.

Left click the incorrect expression and on the calculation ribbon menu chose "First" in the error tracing section. This brings you to

Werner_E_0-1609793680999.png

b.0 is a function with three arguments and those arguments are missing here. But I guess that the function is wrong in that place anyway as it would yield a length and this would result in a unit mismatch. Could it be that it should simply be beta(C.x,X.y)?

Furthermore you will have to use vectorization and your objective function is not unit balanced.

See my remarks in the attached worksheet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You should use Primes rudimentary error tracing facility.

Left click the incorrect expression and on the calculation ribbon menu chose "First" in the error tracing section. This brings you to

Werner_E_0-1609793680999.png

b.0 is a function with three arguments and those arguments are missing here. But I guess that the function is wrong in that place anyway as it would yield a length and this would result in a unit mismatch. Could it be that it should simply be beta(C.x,X.y)?

Furthermore you will have to use vectorization and your objective function is not unit balanced.

See my remarks in the attached worksheet.

Thank you for your advices.

Top Tags