cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Transfer Function - Discrepancy Results - Mathcad vs Matlab

Cornel
17-Peridot

Transfer Function - Discrepancy Results - Mathcad vs Matlab

Hello,

I have a discrepancy in the results of the 2 transfer functions.
The implementations in Mathcad and Matlab are identical, so normally I should have the same result.

Mathcad result:

CornelBejan_0-1624913103033.png

Matlab result:

CornelBejan_2-1624913729983.png

What could be the reason why the 2 results would not be equal?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Cornel)

Try using integer values throughout to avoid the symbolic fall into float mode (where it obviously can't cancel expressions).

Here MC15:

Werner_E_0-1624923536087.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Try using integer values throughout to avoid the symbolic fall into float mode (where it obviously can't cancel expressions).

Here MC15:

Werner_E_0-1624923536087.png

Cornel
17-Peridot
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you very much.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

I would do this: I define the complex pulsation s as user 1 as well as x in the program. Then I reset all the variables:

Cornel
17-Peridot
(To:-MFra-)

Good. Thank you very much.

@-MFra- 
Why did you delete the solution and remove the Mathcad file?

Cornel
17-Peridot

@-MFra- 
Maybe other users will find the solution proposed by you very useful and a very good alternative if they encounter such problems.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

I was expecting some response. In the absence, I thought that my proposed solution would not interest you.

Cornel
17-Peridot

I do not know how you came to this conclusion that I would not be interested in the solution you proposed.
On the other hand, there may be other users who may use the solution you propose.
The idea is that the more solutions are posted for a problem, the better.
Moreover, I cannot accept 10 solutions for an open problem/topic. These are the rules of the forum. Otherwise, I accept several solutions that solve a problem, without any problem.
It's not a contest where the winner has everything, and he goes home happy, and the others are defeated and go home crying.
All the solutions that solve the problem in the case for which they are posted, are welcome, without discrimination, without upset (that one was given the acceptance of the solution, and another not), and so on.
We are not children here, to be upset that one received a lollipop and another did not.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Okay I'll add the file:

CornelBejan answer 2.jpg

Cornel
17-Peridot

Good. Thanks.

Top Tags