cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Triple Integrals, cylindrical and spherical coord.

TxAg
1-Newbie

Triple Integrals, cylindrical and spherical coord.

could someone tell me how to evaluate a triple integral given in
rectangular coord by changing to cylindrical/spherical coord.

hurry please! test on thursday and we are allowed to use mathcad

Texas Aggie
4 REPLIES 4
TomGutman
1-Newbie
(To:TxAg)

This is a request for assistance, not a report of a suspected bug in MC14. It does not belong in this section.

The people with answers generally read all of the sections in this forum. You should not post a question more than once. It doesn't matter very much where you post it, although you should make some attempt ad figuring out the best section. But multiple posts just lead to a lot of duplicated effort and confusion.

Nor is the collaboratory particulary suited for rush jobs. People log on at their convenience (almost all posts are by ordinary users, PTC does not maintain an official presence on the collaboratory) and discussions of any serious nature can be expected to take several days. And Mathcad, while having a deceptively simple display that makes it easy to understand, is a quite complicated language and takes rather more than two days to master. You should be concentrating on learning how to set up the required integrals. Once you have them set up you can type them into Mathcad to have them evaluated, avoiding time-consuming and error prone calculations.
(To:TomGutman)

sorry about the double post. i accidentally posted it in the bugs
section the first time and i so i decided to put it in the correct
section a second time.

this isnt the first time ive used math software before. our
university does not support mathcad so i came to this forum.

i was not expecting a rush delivery i just didnt think it would hurt
to say hurry.

i appreciate your help very much sir. i will probably be asking
more questions on this forum from now on.

TomGutman
1-Newbie
(To:TxAg)

Not a major problem. However in this forum you can edit and delete your own posts. Thus correcting your errors.

On 3/25/2009 12:30:53 AM, TxAg wrote:
>could someone tell me how to
>evaluate a triple integral
>given in
>rectangular coord by changing
>to cylindrical/spherical
>coord.
>
>
>hurry please! test on thursday
>and we are allowed to use
>mathcad
>
>Texas Aggie

Sorry collab: no monkey see no monkey do !
But monkey thinking ... Make your triple integral as function of two variables, discretize, tabulate or simply plot 3D solid f(x,y) and from the quickplot change coordinates ... then monkey will see.
Your request is too general w/o a work sheet.
What about simply transforming the upper limit.

The most innocent 1d parametric plot turns much curious in different 3D solid coordinates. You can presume your 1d dx integrand will look an incredible 3D figure under switching coordinates. Your book should be full of ideas and formulas.

jmG
Top Tags