cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Try for Minerr 1.xmcd

mkorwal
2-Guest

Try for Minerr 1.xmcd

Hello all!

I have uploaded a file which was working fine in Mathcad 7. It uses Minerr function to solve Id which is an iterative function. But it is not working on Mathcad 14. I have more of similar files with lots of work. All earlier files are working except the minerr function in them. Is there any change how minerr is handeled in Mathcad 14 than it was done in Mathcad 7?

Please help to make it work again.@

8 REPLIES 8

Several problems:

becomes:

This:

becomes:

please send me the modified file

@mkorwal wrote:

please send me the modified file

There are several problems:

• The file you posted had errors that would have prevented it from running properly even in version 7, so you're clearly not telling us the truth about its history,
  • Correcting those errors would be simple, and something a level 1 user should be able to do to learn,
  • It's been long enough that I've lost the ability to access Mathcad 15, so I could not access and change this file any longer.

So, fire up your version of Mathcad and get to work!  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the prompt reply!

But the initial file was working fine. There is no hidden history.

@mkorwal wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply!

But the initial file was working fine. There is no hidden history.

Looking at my original response (the one with the shaky red circles) I don't believe Mathcad in any version would have accepted the function definitions for y0 and y1 from that file. 

In any case, starting from the original file if you make the editorial changes highlighted you can make it work.  As I said, I no longer have access to anything but Prime 4,0 express, so I cannot send a Mathcad 15 file with the changes.  (Sorry!)

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:mkorwal)

To not fall into errors hard to find, you should use the units for constants and variables. For example:

missing the units of measure.jpg

Thanks a lot for looking into it. I understand that it is better to put units to avoid errors. Will you please mail me the corrected file (the above one).

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:mkorwal)

... You havn't understood ... My message is an encouragement to write,  in your worksheet, the physical quantities with their units,  to detect errors in a simpler way. So this is your job.

Top Tags