cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Two stage rocket

68 REPLIES 68

Please

rocket-ODE.png

With friction, one stage rocket (please see the picture and Mathcad 15 - Mathcad Prime sheets in attch)

Rocket-One-Friction.png

Hello Valery,

how did you account for the change of air density with height? As far as I can see the density change isn't defined in your sheet.

Raiko

I have attached new Mathcad 15 file - load please

Thank you Valery,

now I understand how it works.

Raiko

Is it my or Mathcad Prime error?

Rocket-One-Friction-integral.png

Valery,

I think it is you error. The integral is defined with capital T...v(T) whereas the solve block uses a small t...v(t)

Raiko

Raiko Milanovic wrote:

Valery,

I think it is you error. The integral is defined with capital T...v(T) whereas the solve block uses a small t...v(t)

Raiko

I think no!

See the Integral up solve block!

Pls try to do it in your Mathcad 15

It is weir Valery,

it doesn't work in MC15 either

Raiko

Raiko Milanovic wrote:

It is weir Valery,

Raiko

We can solve integro-differential equations only with Mathcad PM (Prime Minister)

ValeryOchkov wrote:

Raiko Milanovic wrote:

It is weir Valery,

Raiko

We can solve integro-differential equations only with Mathcad PM (Prime Minister)

Not only in Mathcad PM - in Mathcad 11 too

See please my old Mathcad 11 sheet.

Can somebody open *.mcd file in Mathcad 11?

15-19-Diff-Int-ODesolve.png

Sorry - more correct picture and sheet:

Rocket-One-Stage-Friction.png

Thanks, Денис, for links.

But my students need in first line not descriptions but how we can use math soft (Mathcad or Russian clone SMath) for some math problems... In absolute simple form...

I have had contacts with MapleSoft.

One result

Chemical Kinetics with Mathcad and Maple | Viktor Korobov | Springer

The movement of the meteorite in the Earth's atmosphere with a view of the ablation

Безымянный.png

Meteor.png

It is interesting to note the sharp braking and intense pulsed energy of the meteoroid at low altitudes, as well as the trajectory in the final phase of flight.

Fine!

Will be good to show one-two plots:

bol.png

Thank you!

In my opinion, the most interesting are the destructive shock acceleration (~70g!)...

Ускорение.png

powerful thermal flash (10GW!) and a sharp decrease in weight...

Flash.png

mass.png

and a significant change in the trajectory at the end of the flight

trajector.png

Slow meteors. Frames with an interval of 10 seconds:

Video Link : 6493

Unfortunately, Valery, the calculation is wrong - theoretical physicists in this film certainly take into account the effects of special relativity, mass at such speeds will change significantly and the relative velocity, too

Alex Sokolov wrote:

Unfortunately, Valery, the calculation is wrong - theoretical physicists in this film certainly take into account the effects of special relativity, mass at such speeds will change significantly and the relative velocity, too.

Thanks, I know it.

Give please more correct calculations. With elements of Einstein theory.

Формула Циолковского.png

Формула Циолковского2.png

sorry, but remaining calculations are too complex for me, besides no practical value, they do not have.

not0.png

As far as I understand, dynamic equations for the relativistic rocket in theory look like this

STO.png

Unfortunately, I can nicely solve Mathcad

May be so:

Rocket_STO3-1.png

Terrific! In essence, we have a numerical solution to the rocket at any speed, taking into account the effects of special relativity.

STO2.png

Units, Units and one more Units!

ucmm1.png

Hello,

A link for a webinar that can be interesting.

Best regards.

Denis

https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1080157

When I served in the Soviet army (1967-69), our military unit has an outside toilet (same as on the photo). A cesspit under this toilet was made of... a spent fuel tank missiles

closet.png

Valery Ochkov wrote:

When I served in the Soviet army (1967-69), our military unit has an outside toilet (same as on the photo). A cesspit under this toilet was made of... a spent fuel tank missiles

closet.png

Valery, If we'd known what was really in those missiles, we'd have surrendered immediately.   Thermonuclear warheads and Third Shock Army I could put up with, but that ....?  That's beyond the pail.  I think our NBC (ОЗК) suits would have dissolved in seconds.

Stuart

I had to use this suit in this closet

But seriously, these suits have used tankers rockets hydrazine. They served in the army not 2-3 but 1 year. Then many of them were sick and quickly die. Hydrazine - a strong carcinogen.

OZK.png

Top Tags