Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type definitions in mcadincl.h

Highlighted

Could someone list all constants and type definitions supported by mcaduser.dll, but not defined in mcadincl.h, which consists only of COMPLEXARRAY and COMPLEXSCALAR?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

There are also INFILE and OUTFILE types for file names. See attached.
Highlighted

Are there any other types between 2 and 13,
I Mean(COMPLEX_ARRAY = 2 and INFILE = 13) ?
Highlighted

I am sure they are, but Mathsoft won't tell us. They must be afraid we will misuse them. 8^(
Highlighted

There are more input types, which you can determine by testing various types and seeing what Mathcad does (and crashing everything a few times!). The attached file has details of the ones I found. I couldn't find any way of returning a string. These types allow you to specify more tightly what the function will accept (e.g. a vector of reals), which can be handy for removing surplus checks from a function, but do not allow you to return anything more complicated because the allocation functions only work for the most generic types -- but that shouldn't be a problem as Mathcad will re-format as required anyway.

Norman Goalby
ndg@ndgoalby.co.uk
Highlighted

You can pass strings indirectly. Use str2vec to convert the string to a vector, then pass the vector and convert it back to a string in your function. The reverse also works -- convert a string to a vector in your function, pass the vector to Mathcad, then use vec2str to convert it back to a string.

Frank
Announcements