cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

URGENT HELP !!! PTC MATHCAD PRIME 5.0.0.0

balko97
4-Participant

URGENT HELP !!! PTC MATHCAD PRIME 5.0.0.0

Hey all,

I need some urgent help.

I was working on my state exam project, opened the file this morning and edited something on it and saved. While i was saving, my PC suffered a blue death. 
I turned on my laptop back on a few minutes later to continue working,  and am now getting an error saying :

The file is not supported, the log file is : .... etc.. Is there a way to recover my damaged file from death? I have lots of important work on the document and I cannot afford to start over! Unfortunately i did not have a backup file ... 

Thank you , Balazs! 

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:balko97)

What is the size of the .MCDX file (in Bytes) according to Windows file Explorer? 

balko97
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

4 552 895 bytes 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:balko97)

Make a copy of the file.

Rename it's extension  from mcdx to zip.

Open that file with Windows file Explorer. 

If this succeeds, part of your file may be recoverable. 

If this does not succeed, you have bad luck.

Success!

Luc

@LucMeekes 

It looks like you had not noticed that the file in question is attached to the initial question. Its a damaged zip file which WinRAR repaired, but the resulted file is just a quarter of the size of the original file and would still not open in Prime. Maybe some manual work could save part of the content.
For whatever its worth I attach the "repaired" zip.

balko97
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks for support ! I succed to recover some parts of the document .. not everything but it is more than nothing 🙂 

Top Tags