cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Unable to determine the identity of domain

astevenson-2
1-Newbie

Unable to determine the identity of domain

I'm using Mathcad 15 in Windows 7. Anyone ever seen this error before? And if so what does it mean. I'm reading in a 100 MByte file and stripping off a serious amount of data leaving this matrix of 15 columns and 21000 rows to write. Could it be a memory issue associated with the variable holding the 100 MByte contents.

Capture.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:astevenson-2)

I suspect your arguments are in the wrong order.

I don't have Mathcad 15 at hand, but prime 3.1 help says the format is:

WRITEEXCEL("file", M, [rows, [cols]], [“range”])

Arguments

• “file” is a string containing the filename or the full pathname and filename. You must include the XLS or XLSX file extension, for example, heat.xlsx. Non-absolute pathnames are relative to the current working directory.
  • M is a matrix of scalars. If M contains units, functions, or embedded matrices, PTC Mathcad cannot write the file.
  • rows or cols (optional) are either scalars specifying the first row or column of matrix M to write, or two-element vectors specifying the range of rows or columns (inclusive) of matrix M to write. If you omit this argument, WRITEEXCEL writes out every row and column of the matrix to the specified file.
  • “range” (optional) is a string containing the cell range. If this argument is omitted, then READEXCEL reads all the data in "Sheet1" of the specified file and WRITEEXCEL writes all the data in the specified matrix to "Sheet1" of the specified file.You can specify range in one of the following forms:
    • "Sheet1!A1:B3" specifying the worksheet name, the top left cell, and the bottom right cell. "Sheet1!A1" means cell A1 of Sheet1, and "Sheet1" means the entire worksheet.
    • "[1]A1:B3" specifying the worksheet number, the top left cell, and the bottom right cell. "[1]A1" means cell A1 of Sheet1, and "[1]" means the entire worksheet.

• Both rows and cols are indices that start with 1. System variable ORIGIN has no effect on the behavior of the READEXCEL or WRITEEXCEL functions.
  • You can only omit optional arguments from the last argument and back. For example, in WRITEEXCEL you cannot omit rows and specify cols. If you omit rows, the value of cols is used as rows.

To execute the function you must use it in an assignment, example:

a:=WRITEEXCEL("a.xlsx",M)

Success!

Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Just for curiosity.

Reading the description on the parameter M, I wonder if the function can handle if M contains strings....

Luc

I'm reading large delimited ASCII files containing test data, stripping out quiescent data and then using the WRITEEXCEL function to write a much smaller file for further analysis. Some of the data files were sampled at 1kHz and my WRITEEXEL function worked just fine. The error occurs when I read the 10kHz sampled files. The files read fine. I then "clean" the data. The error occurs on the write statement using the exact command as on the smaller files.

BTW, on the large files, using WRITECSV works just fine. That is an acceptable work-around but the oddity of the WRITEEXCEL error is curious.

Sounds like a bug to me.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucMeekes)

The arguments are in the correct order for MC15.

So without the worksheet, I don't know why it's doing that. A suggestion is to test it with a much smaller input file to verify it works in that case.

As stated in one of my replies above, the smaller files have no issue with WRITEEXCEL.

Bug - Surely you jest.

I have de smae problem.

If I use up to 2500 lines all ok. If I use more line I have the same error

Top Tags