cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Undefined variable kN.m

lmartinez
1-Newbie

Undefined variable kN.m

Anyone can help me to resolved some issue in MATHCAD Prime 3

The unit kN.m is showing undifined variable .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So I need to input the unit direct to the unit base instead of typing the unit which give me correct unit input.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

In which situation do you encounter that error? Did you type the multiplication dot between kN and m?

So I need to input the unit direct to the unit base instead of typing the unit which give me correct unit input.

Lex Martinez wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand that. You didn't inlcude a worksheet so we don't see what you have tried to do and what failed.

yes I type dot between two units, I also tried to do it in other computer the result are the same undefined variable for kN.m. Why the software can able to read kg.m2/s2 instead of kN.m ?

Lex Martinez wrote:

yes I type dot between two units, I also tried to do it in other computer the result are the same undefined variable for kN.m. Why the software can able to read kg.m2/s2 instead of kN.m ?

Not sure what the problem is, you will have to show a worksheet.

You can assign a variable the unit kg.m2/s2 or the unit kN.m. In both a cases, when you evaluate that variable you will see the resullt expressed in unit Joule.

There are some options you may change in the Math tab, icon units:

The unit system (usually SI, I guess) and if you want the results expressed in base units only (which should be off normally)

With SI-units and base units off you will see Joule in the above example. If you turn on base units you will see kg.m2/s2 (Joule is not a base unit). If you want to see kN.m you will have to type them yourself replacing the unit Prime has offered. You may type kN alone and Prime will add the necessary m itself (in front of the kN, though, making m.kN)

In MC15 we had the choice of user units or change the units displayed (so you get kN.m instead of J automatically) by fumbling around in the configuration files. I am not sure if this still applies to Prime.

I had a honest mistake regarding this, I am typing dot(.) instead of (*) in between two units . the correct procedure is to type kN*m.

thanks

Top Tags