cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Undefined variable

40 REPLIES 40

Mike,

Thanks for your suggestions - It certainly works for the example I gave you, but doesn't for my workbook. I'm going to try and remove the other variables from the program to see if the symbolic evalution will work then. I really appreciate your efforts

I am hoping to get some clarification from Richard.

Cheers

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:KaiRussell)

Kai Russell wrote:

Mike,

Thanks for your suggestions - It certainly works for the example I gave you, but doesn't for my workbook. I'm going to try and remove the other variables from the program to see if the symbolic evalution will work then. I really appreciate your efforts

I am hoping to get some clarification from Richard.

Cheers

Kai,

I'm glad you've got a work around as a solution. I'm sure Richard or someone else which find a better solution. Until the symbolic evaluation fails I would go with that.

Cheers

Mike

Mike,

As you can see I've tried to replicate my problem - however it all seems to work using the method you suggest.

I may have to get onto Tech support

Cheers,

K

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:KaiRussell)

Kai Russell wrote:

Mike,

As you can see I've tried to replicate my problem - however it all seems to work using the method you suggest.

I may have to get onto Tech support

Cheers,

K

Kai,

There are three worksheets within your uploaded zip and only one seems relevant.

Why would you need to contact tech support?

Mike

Because I still have the same problem. Your solution doesn't work for some reason in my workbook. It works for the simple example I uploaded.

I'm going to try and use Richard's workaround - but I fear it'll make the code if more difficult to follow. I fear it'll just be easier to redefine the variable where it's shown as un-defined. I'm still going to give it a bash

I have replied and solved your problem. As it looks, you are just fetching some pieces of information for processing. That requires the specific work sheet as a working example . Your work sheet attached is zombie: its no Mathcad work sheet, only some Windows coded and surely not readable by versions 11 or lower. [zombie.XMCD] and there 3 such files.

... the other problem is that if you "save as" version 11, the saved version includes the "malicious PTC code" that has for effect of at best reading the work sheet but excluding any work in it, i.e: a read only. On small stuff, no big deal to reconstruct but even a page long is work for the birds. It all depends upon the interest of the project [interest of the project as a tool].

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

I can't follow this thread anymore.

It's either near impossible or above my current brain capabilities.

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

I can't follow this thread anymore.

It's either near impossible or above my current brain capabilities.

Mike

Mike,

The collab does not have a minimum logic diagram of the project. The project is one of "Project DesinType Selection" like the spline type selection, but here the matter are data, which in fact make the project simpler. Dozens of similar projects were done but each one with a nuance, therefore can't be more generalised than my suggestion posted in the work sheet. That the collab can't post yet the all data and conditions doesn't matter so much providing enough is in a readable work sheet excluding the crappie Excel *.csv instead of *.dat, *.txt

Jean

1. select what you want

2. spool to file what you want

3. operate in Mathcad what you want

4. operate in Excel [or else] what you want

Click left on the attached image

How come ? hover on your text and is all shows as link ?

Your problem is not of defining or re-defining, no. Your problem is to properly select, thus assigning. You can ignore my suggestion or require more help, but for more help you would have to "save as 11" just to view a bit more for a more general construct.

Top Tags