cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unexpected 3D plot

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

Unexpected 3D plot

Hi, I met unexpected plot, how to interpret this result?

Unexpected plot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ifomenko)

Don't worry, it is documented:

"Insert - Graph - Surface Plot

Inserts the 3D plot operator into your worksheet. Create a surface plot of the elements of a matrix by entering the matrix in the placeholder. The rows and columns of the matrix correspond to the x and y axes. The values of the matrix elements themselves represent the heights above the xy plane.

If you want to specify the appearance of the plot (such as its color and lines) as it is inserted, choose Insert - Graph - 3D Plot Wizard instead.

"

LucMeekes_1-1581790069774.png

LucMeekes_0-1581790060187.png

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ifomenko)

Don't worry, it is documented:

"Insert - Graph - Surface Plot

Inserts the 3D plot operator into your worksheet. Create a surface plot of the elements of a matrix by entering the matrix in the placeholder. The rows and columns of the matrix correspond to the x and y axes. The values of the matrix elements themselves represent the heights above the xy plane.

If you want to specify the appearance of the plot (such as its color and lines) as it is inserted, choose Insert - Graph - 3D Plot Wizard instead.

"

LucMeekes_1-1581790069774.png

LucMeekes_0-1581790060187.png

Success!
Luc

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:LucMeekes)

Many thanks, Luc, I remember this, I`ve never used this opportunity.

Top Tags