cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Unimath Mathcad 14 Problem

ashalaby
1-Newbie

Unimath Mathcad 14 Problem

The + and = signs and letters such as "f" for Mathcad 14 do not properly appear on worksheet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I finally figured out the solution to the font corruption problem!! The problem was that the Microsoft Security Update for Windows (Vista, and others) KB3013455 (MS 15-010) downloaded on Feb 11, 2015, causes 'Courier New' font corruption. This affected my Mathcad software, and my WORD software. The solution: once I removed this update, the font was no longer corrupted in both Mathcad and WORD!!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Please provide an example (worksheet) of with what you mean.

If the zoom is at the normal 100% this it what it looks like (see above). However, if you print the above it looks fine. And if you zoom the above to 125 % it looks fine.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ashalaby)

Have you tried looking for newer versions of your video drivers?

No, I have not. I have been using this software Mathcad 14 for the past 5 yrs without any such problem. I wonder what happened to cause such a problem?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ashalaby)

There have been many reports in the past of the symbol font getting corrupted, but this does not look like the same problem (if the symbol font is corrupted Greek characters in particular do not display right). This looks like a pure display problem, in that the characters display OK at 125% zoom, but not at 100%. You could try repairing the Mathcad installation, although I don't have much hope that will fix it.

Because it was working perfectly fine just one week ago, I think I will first try a system restore (maybe an windows update messed it up).

I finally figured out the solution to the font corruption problem!! The problem was that the Microsoft Security Update for Windows (Vista, and others) KB3013455 (MS 15-010) downloaded on Feb 11, 2015, causes 'Courier New' font corruption. This affected my Mathcad software, and my WORD software. The solution: once I removed this update, the font was no longer corrupted in both Mathcad and WORD!!!!

Top Tags