cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unit issues

JC_10087629
3-Visitor

Unit issues

My goal is to produce a graph of ST vs pi(c) which is a variable from 5-60 with increments of 2 (dimensionless value). I have no idea why the value of tau(c) on the graph has an error and it said that this value must be a scalar. the value tau(c) should be dimensionless as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

@JC_10087629 wrote:

My goal is to produce a graph of ST vs pi(c) which is a variable from 5-60 with increments of 2 (dimensionless value). I have no idea why the value of tau(c) on the graph has an error and it said that this value must be a scalar. the value tau(c) should be dimensionless as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your problems arise because you have defined tau.c and tau.t as functions [the notation f(x):=3x defines a function f with a single parameter x].

You've also defined them as parameters to ST, which would be OK (if somewhat open to misinterpretation).  However, plot neither knows nor cares what names you give to a function's parameters.  All the plot knows is that you taus are function - hence, the error

Stuart

PS.  Forum etiquette prefers it if you post a worksheet.  

1. It saves people typing in everything (and potentially making a mistake).
  2. Some errors are difficult to see from an image, eg vector index vs name subscript.  

Ideally, one should post both an image and a worksheet.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JC_10087629)

Now the solution is pretty simple:

LucMeekes_0-1634838569981.png

That is: Call the function ST with the proper parameters, functions in your case.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JC_10087629)

You could also:

LucMeekes_0-1634847359139.png

Which gives (something like):

LucMeekes_1-1634847384232.png

And following that, plot ST simply with:

LucMeekes_3-1634847478505.png

Success!