cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Units of electric power, VA, W and Var of Prime 6

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Units of electric power, VA, W and Var of Prime 6

Var.png

Now, not only W, I can use VA and Var for the units of electric power in Prime 6. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Easy enough to fix:

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:ttokoro)

@ttokoro wrote:

Var.png

Now, not only W, I can use VA and Var for the units of electric power in Prime 6. 

Are you saying these units are defined in Prime 6?

Interesting - they don't appear to be in Mathcad Express (the free version of Prime 6):

2020 05 23 A.png

Cheers,

Stuart

Easy enough to fix:

Capture.JPG

@Fred_Kohlhepp wrote:

Easy enough to fix:

Yes.  I did so ... I think.

It was the OP's remark about being able to use VA, kVA and kvar in Prime 6 that puzzled me, as they're not in Express. 

If they're in Prime 6, I'm not sure why PTC would omit these particular units from Express - not exactly 'prime' features and, as you say, trivial to fix. 

If the OP meant they could add them to Prime 6, again I'm puzzled because all versions of Mathcad should allow the user to define them, given they're simply scaling factors over the corresponding SI unit.

Cheers,

Stuart

"If they're in Prime 6, I'm not sure why PTC would omit these particular units from Express - not exactly 'prime' features and, as you say, trivial to fix. "

I'm always surprised at what's missing from Express and what's there.  (Try to take the mean of a vector. . .),  but it will integrate and differentiate functions!

It's become something of a game to invent replacements, Luc Meekes is the reigning master!  It's good mental exercise while we wait for the virus.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:StuartBruff)

I have my doubts that these units are defined in Prime 6. I guess the OP defined them in the sheet. But since he didn't attach that sheet, showed only a picture, we (Prime Express users) can't be sure.

@Werner_E:

Can you verify/disprove that the units 'var' and 'VA' are defined in (fully licensed) Prime 6?

Luc

No, those units are NOT defined in Prime 6.

Its just ttokoro playing around and sending pics without worksheet

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Fred is right.

Top Tags