cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unknown error when solving DEs

flix
1-Newbie

Unknown error when solving DEs

Hi all,

I am a mathcad-noob, started using it today. I use ptc's eLearning library to get to know the software. However, in the section about solving differential equations I have run into a problem:

As before, I do everything like it is written in the eLearning article. But when I want to solve the DE using odesolve, I get an unknown error: dae%_initial%_condition%_error (See attached pic for more info).

Who can help me? Couldn't find anything of the sort here or anywhere else on the web.

Thanks a lot, Felix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV
(To:flix)

Sorry, I can not find an error in your sheet. May be the point is in lables of variables and functions. I can only rewrite your sheet without errors.

I think that tools for solving differential equations in Mathcad Prime 1.0 are very... unpolished. And I do not recommend using them. We have to wait what will happen in the new version of Mathcad Prime.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

See in the attach the solution. And send me pease your sheet not only the picture. I would like to check this error.

Hi Valery,

thanks for your reply! On your sheet it works, on mine it doesn't...as requested you find attached my sheet.

Cheers, Felix

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Sorry, I can not find an error in your sheet. May be the point is in lables of variables and functions. I can only rewrite your sheet without errors.

I think that tools for solving differential equations in Mathcad Prime 1.0 are very... unpolished. And I do not recommend using them. We have to wait what will happen in the new version of Mathcad Prime.

Hmm, unlucky me then! 🙂 I will have a look at it again, maybe something springs to my eye. thank you for your help!

idont speak engglish

yunita sari wrote:

idont speak engglish

How can we help You!

Top Tags