cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Use of user defined functions in double definite integrals as limits of integration

ptc-4229833
1-Newbie

Use of user defined functions in double definite integrals as limits of integration

I am trying to create a general function (function to determine centroid of a curve) that I can then use throughout my calculation sheet. I therefore need to pass a function for a curve into my general function, which will be used in a limit of integration placeholder.

I have attached an example. I am able to place my function directly into the integral placeholder to act as an integration limit, but I cannot pass the function into the placeholder via my general function. Is it possible to do this in MathCAD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You need to pass a reference to the function without parameters, & add the appropriate parameters in the definition of the integral

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

You need to pass a reference to the function without parameters, & add the appropriate parameters in the definition of the integral

Regards

Andy

Thank you Andy, very helpful.

Top Tags