cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

User-defined Math Styles

RogerMansfield
1-Newbie

User-defined Math Styles

Since Mathcad PLUS 6 I have been using my own user-defined Math Styles. One is called "Vectors & Matrices" and it is simply the default math variables style, Times New Roman, but now in boldface type. This allows me to distinguish a 3D position vector, say r-bold = (x,y,z), from its scalar magnitude, r = sqrt(x^2 + y^2 + z^2). When I convert a Mathcad 15 worksheet to Mathcad Prime 3.0, it un-bolds all of my r-bold vectors; they are now indistinguishable from their scalar magnitudes, r. So the worksheets don't work. But I did find this work-around: I rename all of the unbolded r-bold vectors as "r1" to distinguish them from the scalars r. I do the same thing with the velocity vectors, v-bold becomes v1 to distiguish it from the velocity vector magnitude v. I have a many worksheets that depend upon user-defined Math Styles in this way, so it is much work to convert them to Mathcad Prime. I view the conversion as a temporary fix until Mathcad Prime has user-defined Math Styles. So my question is: does any other Mathcad Prime 3.0 tester out there need user-defined Math Styles as badly as I do?

3 REPLIES 3

I think it should be a given that prime can import and run documents from prior versions.

I agree. Even at version 3.0, Prime still has a long way to go

I agree. I use them in this fashion heavily, and in my physics the visual clues are an important part of my presentation. I had thought at first that MP3 might be the first version that I could use regularly, even if it didn't have all the bells and whistles...but the basics are not strong enough yet. I have a simple 9 page worksheet that converted fairly well, but a) those basic formats are lost, and b) it takes over 2 mintues to load, and it is ~ 1 s to load in M15. I think that we are making progress, and I want try some large matrices in MP3, but I won't really be able to use it as much as I had hoped.

Text styles are equally important...even though there are work arounds for text that are not possible for math.

Top Tags