cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

User input method for prime 3.1 or 4.0

tdavies
1-Newbie

User input method for prime 3.1 or 4.0

Hi,

I need help regarding a user input method. I'm creating and programming a list of calculations derived from a materials properties, such as Yield Strength, UTS and Young's Modulus, and I'm wanting to include a function where the user can select their choice of material, rather than typing it in manually, such as a drop down list or a tick box system.

I'm currently using prime 3.1, but have the option to upgrade to prime 4.0.

Could anyone assist me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Neither Prime 3.1 nor Prime 4 support controls like list boxes check boxes, radio buttons or the like.

You would have to upgrade to good old Mathcad 15 where all these things exist already for a long time.

Prime is missing a lot of features of older Mathcad - the ability to use scripted components is one of them.

In Prime you could make a list of materials and number them so the user simply has to chose (and type in a number).

Another option is to embed an Excel component and let the user make the selection in Excel. Not sure if drop downs etc. would work OK that way - never tried.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Neither Prime 3.1 nor Prime 4 support controls like list boxes check boxes, radio buttons or the like.

You would have to upgrade to good old Mathcad 15 where all these things exist already for a long time.

Prime is missing a lot of features of older Mathcad - the ability to use scripted components is one of them.

In Prime you could make a list of materials and number them so the user simply has to chose (and type in a number).

Another option is to embed an Excel component and let the user make the selection in Excel. Not sure if drop downs etc. would work OK that way - never tried.

inagi
4-Participant
(To:tdavies)

This is not possible in Prime. As suggested by Werner, you should go to the older version i.e. Mathcad14 or 15. That is what we are doing. I have also added this idea on PTC idea forum so that they add this functionality in future versions of Prime. You may please vote for this idea.

List/Combo box (Drop down menu box) in MathCAD Prime 3.1

tdavies
1-Newbie
(To:inagi)

Thank you both! Okay great I'll vote for that now.

Regards

Top Tags