Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Extension Packages in MC14

Highlighted

Now we've uninstalled MC14, reinstalled MC13, installed the package(s), removed the package (because of SR1), installed MC13 SR1 and installed the package. Everything works now in MC13.
But the problem is the reinstallation of MC 14. The installation program ends with success, but when I try to start MC 14, I only see the splash screen at the beginning and then - nothing. The task manager lists a mathcad.exe process. This process takes 50% of the CPU-time and collects memory! Now it takes nearly 700MBytes after half an our.

Any solution on this (or should I stay with MC13) ?
Highlighted

Did you kill the process and start again? First reboot your machine. If that doesn't work, then I suggest you contact technical support. If you are a Single User, contact them through

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad.htm.

or email -.

Sorry this has been so difficult.

Mona
Highlighted

On 6/12/2007 10:02:43 AM, MonaZ wrote:
>Did you kill the process and
>start again? First reboot your
>machine. If that doesn't work,
>then I suggest you contact
>technical support.

I've tried this several times - no success. So I contacted the mathcad technical support....

I get the same error message: bad_assembly_name.

Don't buy extension packages: they don't work, and there's no support for single users. None.

Does Mathcad hate it's users? Why do they make installation so hard?
Highlighted

The 'corporate users' who have floating licences get the extension packs included in the licence. The home users (I think) have to purchase an extra licence.

That means that as a home user you vcan browse the complete handbooks, but when a dedicated function is encountered it will report an error. However I thought it would say that the function was undefined.

Philip Oakley
Highlighted

This is a reported problem with Mathcad 14 m010, that was resolved with Mathcad 14 m011. You can go to http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm to download the m011 release, and it should fix the problem with the Extension Packs, if you have licensed or already own any of the Extension Packs.

Mona
Announcements