cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Using MathCad 15 and Prime 1.0: Prime 1.0

ptc-4401773
1-Newbie

Using MathCad 15 and Prime 1.0: Prime 1.0

I need some help regarding the use of both mentioned programs...

My school uses MathCad 15 in class for lectures and working on assignments....

When purchasing programs for this semester I could not find MathCad 15 for sale so I purchased Prime 1.0, being told it was exactly the same with just a different style of UI.

Finding out now that Prime 1.0 seems to be missing some of the functionality of MathCad 15 I downloaded/installed MathCad 15 using my product key from Prime 1.0....

However, the installation comes back as succesfull but I cannot locate MathCad 15 anywhere....Its almost as if MathCad 15 will not fully install due to Prime 1.0 being already installed???

I must have a full student version of MathCad 15 (no 30 day trials)....

I really need MathCad 15 for school, but I have already purchased Prime 1.0...HELP!!!

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4401773)

You should have received a full working version of Mathcad 15 with Prime, as Prime required Mathcad 15 for the conversion of older worksheets.

Mike

Joshua Irvine wrote:

...l but I cannot locate MathCad 15 anywhere...

What Windows OS are you using? Check this directory: "C:\Program Files\Mathcad".

On Windows 7, Mathcad 15 installs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15.

If you are still having trouble, go to http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm, you will have to set up a basic account on the website, if you don't already have one.

Also check in Control Panel > Features and Programs, to see if Mathcad 15 installed.

Mona

I had the same issue initially.

The MathCAD 15 was actually on the Programs list of the startup menu, but for some reason outside of the MathCAD folder

Zo

What Windows OS are you using? Try to reinstall Mathcad 15.

Top Tags