cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Using Mathcad for Elasticity

DanMarotta
2-Guest

Using Mathcad for Elasticity

Using Mathcad to perform calculations applied to objects such as: Computing the maximum bending moments and Computing the required cross section dimension of a beam.

Direct link to video on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tc5OOCPq3Y

Have you used Mathcad to perform similiar calculations?

4 REPLIES 4

I can't view this video (my company blocks facebook), but this is SOP.  What Mathcad does is allow unit checking (and automatic conversion), and at need solving the differential equations rather than resorting to table look-up formulas.

Would you say this is more for the novice Mathcad user? Sorry your company blocks the video, that's a bummer. It's a 2 1/2 minute video, give it a view when you get home.

I don't know who the target viewer is, and maybe it sufficies.  The persentation is nice, but it
is not only for a novice mathcad user, but a begining student in engineering as well.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:DanMarotta)

Nicely laid out, but a very basic engineering calculation.

On this occasion, one wouldn't result to using differential equations, it is logical to look up the formula and reference the source.

Mike

Top Tags