cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Using Money as the Angle dimension - Example Sheet

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member

Using Money as the Angle dimension - Example Sheet

I have attached a worksheet (V14 M030) that uses the money dimension as if it were an Angle dimension. I then show the conversion of the various standard functions (I used CamelCase full names to keep them different), and show the three key conversion functions and the convenience functions.

Have a go with trying it. It would have been much nicer if there were some spare 'dimensions' to use as this would allow greater flexibility (see Valery Ochkov's post and comments).

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PhilipOakley)

Interesting point.

I am surprised this has not been implemented by PTC because a lot of users seem to have this request.

Mike

I tried the opposite with the irs, they were not amused. My email address may be changing.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:wayne)

The IRS? They have a great sense of humor. They always laugh when you tell them they are wrong, or when you tell them you can't afford to pay the bill, or...

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

The IRS? They have a great sense of humor. They always laugh when you tell them they are wrong, or when you tell them you can't afford to pay the bill, or...

Or the HM Revenue and Customs in this country.

Mike

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:PhilipOakley)

I have updated the sheet with a few more features, including a suggested set of errata for the VIM and SI (ISU) documents to make plain the use of dimesnions in a MathCAD style usage.

I attach both the V14 worksheet and a CutePFD printout.

As always, comments welcomed.

Philip

Top Tags