cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Using Video Frames for Image Processing

ptc-5743339
1-Newbie

Using Video Frames for Image Processing

Hi!

Im currently working in Blob Analysis via image processing.

I want to develop a simple program that with a picture taken from a turned-on camera, can identify the blobs in the picture, its size, position, etc...

With the image processing package that comes with Mathcad Prime 3.0 version I suppose that the blob analysis could be done efficiently, but Im not sure about the first part: Is it possible to connect the camera information with mathcad?

Im thinking about using something as the READ command to read the information from the camera buffer in the PC, but I'm not sure about what the path of the buffer is, or if is it possible to use a kind of "READ" command to do so.

2 REPLIES 2

While Prime 3 can read and write pictures and also can do manipulations on the matrices which represent those pics, it can't show those pics - no, really, thats not a joke. Therefore I would guess that using Mathcad 15 would be the better choice.

Best way would be that you save your pic(s) in any format Mathcad can read and go ahead from there.

There was a thread sometimes ago about fitting an ellipse to a blob to get dimensions and orientation. Not sure if that would be of interest to you: http://communities.ptc.com/message/219370#219370

Thank you Werner, that's just what I feared.

I don't know what to do, my boss don't let me use another powerful plataforms such as opencv for accomplishing this task. I'm forced to use mathcad =(

Anyway, I've seen the threat that you've suggestted and I'm sure that it is really useful. Thanks.

Top Tags