Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using range as vector indexed value

zwitt
1-Newbie

Using range as vector indexed value

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Mathcad, and very new to programming. What I would like to do is use a range for a indexed value in a vector (this is my input) and have an output for each value used in the range. One issue is that there are a significant amount of steps from the input to the output, and I don't think it's realistic (for me anyway) to write a program to do the whole thing.

Attached is the mathcad sheet I'm using. The vector I'm looking at is highlighted in yellow on page 4. The value I want to input as a range is the third row. The output is on page 15, also highlighted in yellow.

It would save me a ton of time if I was able to use multiple values in that third row instead of changing it every time.

Hopefully that makes some sense. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:zwitt)

Make U a function:

Then F will also be a function, an you can pass it multiple values.

You would be far better off putting all the calculations for one iteration into a program that you can call as a function, and then calling that function in a loop in a second program. If you have to iterate something then typing (or copy and pasting) the same thing multiple times is never the best solution.

Announcements
Check out the latest
Mathcad Tip
"PTC Mathcad 15 / Prime 1-6 Update."