cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using variables inside a solve block

DevonLybbert
1-Newbie

Using variables inside a solve block

I am fairly new with mathcad, and using a solve block to solve a small system of equations (The code is attached as V11). For some reason if one variable (Flanding) is calculated using other variables, the code does not work, but it I were to just define it as a value, the code works fine. I have been trying to figure this out for some time now, and any help would be appritiated.

Example differing from code:

If I were to say:

Flanding:=3N

the code works, but if it is calculated, it doesn't.

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4

You may not have asignment statements (the ":=" sign) inside solve blocks, i e between Given and Find.

If you put Flanding := 3 N above the Given, the solve block still works.

It works when I try it. Which version of Mathcad are you using (including service packs)?

The last line of code is an attempt to recall F1. On my computer it says that the place holder (in F1) is empty. So on yours it is not empty? What I eventually need is to use F1 (the found value) in future calculations.

I am using V15

Thanks

Devon

I didn't realize you expected that to show anything.

The ":" key gives you an assignment operator, which looks like ":=". It's complaining because you haven't completed the assignment. The "=" key gives you the evaluation operator, which looks like "=", and that will display the value of F1.

I don't see the connection with assigning a value to Flanding or calculating it though.

Top Tags