cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Value must be a vector

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst

Value must be a vector

Hello,

I am trying to simulate result in arrays but it is giving me an error that value must be a vector. I have tried to search my worksheet but am unable to identify the problem. Please help me with this. My version is prime 4.0

Thanks,

Faisal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have some tracing back the various function calls made (OK, honestly I'm to lazy to do so), but using Primes very basic trace feature I was able to trace back to function Lambda.

Obviously with the data you provide, function "a" does not return a vector, but a simply scalar and so "sort" throws that error. Probably because x.guess is not a vector.

B.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I have some tracing back the various function calls made (OK, honestly I'm to lazy to do so), but using Primes very basic trace feature I was able to trace back to function Lambda.

Obviously with the data you provide, function "a" does not return a vector, but a simply scalar and so "sort" throws that error. Probably because x.guess is not a vector.

B.png

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

I think the lambda returns a value as xguess is in a vector (file attached). But I have no idea why it is saying that it must be a vector

The problem seems to be the vectorization in your function Phi.

It also vectorizes x.guess making it a scalar.

Look if the modified function Phi now does what you expect. I got rid of a lot of unnecessary and confusing parenthesis and I left vectorization even though it would not be needed as far as I see as you call the routines with scalars only.

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst

can you please send me a prime 4.0 version of the file

Here you are

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst

thank you

Top Tags