cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Variable Undefined Error

ptc-5453070
1-Newbie

Variable Undefined Error

Hi, I´m now starting to learn how to use Mathcad and I´m having troubles while using a Block Solve, it says I haven´t defined the variables even though I did, I´ll appreciate your help.

5 REPLIES 5

You can't always believe Mathcad's error messages. Right-click on the red part and select Trace error. Follow this and you will find it says "no solution found try changing TOL or initial guesses" (or words to that effect). However, you are asking for a solution to 14 unknowns, but only have 13 equations. You need another one.

Alan

Use please RT:= but not global definion!

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Use please RT:= but not global definion!

Why? There is nothing wrong with a global definition.

Its not necessary to use a global definition here but maybe the intent is to move the definition of RT downwards next to a result plot or something like this.

As Alan already stated your system is underdetermined, so it possibly may have an infinite number of solutions. But it also can be unsolvable if the equations demand the impossible.

I am not sure if you demand the impossible, but I noticed that if you disable the equations beginning with -31920+... and 70270+... Mathcad finds a solution. The same if you disable 149720+... and again 70270+...

Are you sure there exists a solution for the system as you typed it?

Thanks a lot, I will check the number of equations I see that I have more unknowns than equations.

Top Tags