cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Variable name that is a ratio

cluwanga
1-Newbie

Variable name that is a ratio

Hi all,

I want to have variables as follows: T/W=0.8 or W/S=100 etc. However Mathcad  won't let me define a variable like that, because I think it actually divide or sth. Is there a way around this?

I don't need to know the W or T, I just want to use T/W or W/S ratio in subsequent calculations.

As an example if I want to solve for V=sqrt(2(W/S)/rho*sigma*CL), I would just use the W/S ratio that I would have already defined.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A have a template created in Prime 2 and use it in Prime 3 and 4

V-s.png

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Only in Mathcad 15

kph.png

And there is one way to do it in Prime 2 and 3

I know one hydrodynamics-man who believes that Reynolds did not come up with this criterion and makes calculations as follows:

Re.png

A have a template created in Prime 2 and use it in Prime 3 and 4

V-s.png

I just copied this, so I will be using whenever I need to.

Thanks very much!

You welcome!

Prime?

If you need colored operator - use pls the template in attach

ColorOper.png

How did you get that shade of green?? Its not offered in the palette.

Unfortunately we cannot create/mix our own colors the easy way we are used from most other windows software, including MC15.

Werner Exinger wrote:

It is a Prime template, created in Mathcad 15 and converted into Prime!

See please what I see on my screen

CorAnsWE.png

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

Thanks, I see. So the color was transfered from Mathcad 15 and cannot be (re)created in Prime 😞

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

Thanks, I see. So the color was transfered from Mathcad 15 and cannot be (re)created in Prime 😞

I guess there are some things we should be grateful for, then. 

Seriously, though, I think Prime has managed to include just about every colour I wouldn't wish to use, and few of the ones I would.  I have this nasty feeling that, in line with the law of historical repetition, we're about to see a return to the era when everybody thought it was cool to have light yellow text, in an unreadable but trendy font, on a light pastel yellow background, preferably with psychedelic purple and black, flashing overlays.

I've just had a rather frustrating experience modifying a Prime 3 worksheet, and (amongst other things) being unable to set the document, plot and solve-block backgrounds, let alone in the colours I wanted.  Developing in M15 and importing to Prime somehow seems like a less than efficient workflow method.

Stuart

Seriously, though, I think Prime has managed to include just about every colour I wouldn't wish to use, and few of the ones I would.

You could patch the "Ptc.Controls.Core.resources.dll" to get the colors you want, but its painful and probably not worth the effort.

Werner

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

Seriously, though, I think Prime has managed to include just about every colour I wouldn't wish to use, and few of the ones I would.

You could patch the "Ptc.Controls.Core.resources.dll" to get the colors you want, but its painful and probably not worth the effort.

Yes, I could.  However, unless I have a really, desperate, compelling need that cannot be met any other way, I avoid doing non-standard things in Mathcad (or any other language) because it causes too many portability issues ... and Mathcad/Prime has quite enough of those without encumbering it with more!

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

Developing in M15 and importing to Prime somehow seems like a less than efficient workflow method.

This is how to make it more efficient:

Developing in M15 and importing to Prime

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Now now Richard

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

Developing in M15 and importing to Prime somehow seems like a less than efficient workflow method.

This is how to make it more efficient:

Developing in M15 and importing to Prime

How did I *know* you'd suggest that?  Must be my Welsh heritage ...

Ah, if only it were completely true, but Prime has at least got rid of those devilish SUC restrictions, which simplifies some of my worksheets and let's me make better use of some of my old M11 worksheets.  It is such a relief to be able to do things the obvious way again!  But just as I'm feeling optimistic about using Prime, it goes and does something silly - or to be more precise, doesn't do something  ...

Stuart

I appreciate it!

See please one more sheet with var1/var2 ratio graph

And sorry, Christopher, is my answer correct? 

Yes. I marked one of your answers as correct. Thanks!

Top Tags