cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable sized vectors and matricies where the components can be edited by the user

SOLVED
Highlighted

Variable sized vectors and matricies where the components can be edited by the user

I am trying to make a comprehensive UNIFAC model program (it is an activity coefficient model used in chemical engineering). Currently I have it running and it works correctly, except for the user to be able to use this program for any size mixture system, they must edit the component matrices manually. For instance, if there are two species in the mixture, the user must edit the first vector to have two components and input the corresponding values, and they must edit the second matrix to have two rows and then they must input the corresponding values. What I want my program to be able to do is have the user input the number of components and this variable will produce both the vector and the matrix of the correct corresponding sizes. After these are created, then the user needs to be able to edit the values of the matrix and input the data that they need to run. I know how to make both vectors and matrices of variable sizes but what I need help with is making these resultant vectors and matricies able to be edited by the user to where they can input the data they need to run in the system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Variable sized vectors and matricies where the components can be edited by the user

Does this do what you want?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Variable sized vectors and matricies where the components can be edited by the user

Please don't cross post. It leads to confusion and wastes peoples time because you can the same answers in more then one place.

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Sorry, this is my first time posting. And I am using Mathcad 15

Does this do what you want?

Yes, thank you this does exactly what I need. Thank you for your help!