Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vector Field Graphics

SOLVED
Highlighted
Participant

Vector Field Graphics

I'm reading "div, grad, curl and all that: an informal text on vector calculus" by H. M. Schey.

divgradcurl.JPG

I'm having trouble finding a way to create vector field graphs in Mathcad Prime 2.0. For example:

Vector+Fields.JPG

Is it possible to create such graphs in Mathcad Prime 2.0?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vector Field Graphics

Vector field plots are a feature of Mathcad 15 and prior, but are not (yet?) available/supported in Mathcad Prime.

10 REPLIES 10

Vector field plots are a feature of Mathcad 15 and prior, but are not (yet?) available/supported in Mathcad Prime.

And I thought that this is another version of Mathcad and the strange thing here. Just not the primary function. Mathcad going to su..ck. People pay money and a lack of vector field. This is just ridiculous.

Thanks for the insight. My Mathcad 13 doesn't work on my new computer. I haven't installed Mathcad 15. I have high hopes for Mathcad Prime 3.0. Maybe I'll wait.

Thomas Orme schrieb:

Thanks for the insight. My Mathcad 13 doesn't work on my new computer. I haven't installed Mathcad 15. I have high hopes for Mathcad Prime 3.0. Maybe I'll wait.

There should be a list around here what we have to expect in Prime3, but I am not able to find it at the moment. Don't know if vector filelds are scheduled for P3.

Thomas Orme wrote:

I'm reading "div, grad, curl and all that: an informal text on vector calculus" by H. M. Schey.

I'm having trouble finding a way to create vector field graphs in Mathcad Prime 2.0. For example:

Is it possible to create such graphs in Mathcad Prime 2.0?

It might be possible.

The image below shows x & y basis for drawing an arrow. Augmenting scaled versions of these gives a matrix that can then be plotted using a waterfall plot.

collab+-+13+02+28+vector+plot+01.jpg

I've only got Prime Express, so can't program a function to handle the translation, rotation and scaling, plus I'm too idle to add rotation in for a demo.

Stuart

Doing it the hard way, this thread could be useful http://communities.ptc.com/message/195905#195905

I just uploaded a solution which does vector field plot in 2D and think its useful for Prime and for "Real Mathcad", too. http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-3503

VF1.png

VF3.png

There have been requests for such a document. I'll be sure to post it here as soon as I get my hands on it!

I don't believe vector fields are scheduled for P3...

Roger Yeh schrieb:

There have been requests for such a document. I'll be sure to post it here as soon as I get my hands on it!

I don't believe vector fields are scheduled for P3...

Good we have a workaround at http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-3503