cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

View Multiplication As... not remembering setting!

ptc-1824482
1-Newbie

View Multiplication As... not remembering setting!

I have setup my worksheet to have the default display for Multiplication as 'X' as this is needed in the equations. I am using MathCAD 15 M020

However, the X is showing between the numbers and the units. Between the units we would like a Thin Space.

To get the Thin Space between the Numbers & the Units, I right click over the X between the Number and the units and select View Multiplication As.. and select the Thin Space. This then displays the correct format we required (Thin space between the number and the Units).

This only applies to any number that is not in the same default value as the default units. The worksheet default is set to Pressure (Pa), and all of our units are in MPa. If you change a Pa unit to MPa, it automatically adds the X between the number and the units.

After changing all the required X to Thin Space, I save the worksheet, close it and then re-open the it. All the X re-appears in ALL the places where I previously changed the X between the number and the Units to a Thin Space.

I have tried it with a blank Worksheet, and it still does the exact same thing (Save, Close X re-appears). I have even tried to change the default display as autoselect and then replace the dots with X in the equations but it will not remember the X when I save, close and re-open the file.

It is staing to get very annoying....

From this I have 3 questions (Sorry if they have been asked before):

1) How do I get MathCAD to remeber the View Multiplication As Selection when you save and close the file?

2) Is it possible to set the default display for the multiplication of units to that of an equation?

3) Is it possible to set the default scale of the units (Pressure default is Pa, but we would like it to be MPa)?

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreicated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-1824482)

1) How do I get MathCAD to remeber the View Multiplication As Selection when you save and close the file?

2) Is it possible to set the default display for the multiplication of units to that of an equation?

3) Is it possible to set the default scale of the units (Pressure default is Pa, but we would like it to be MPa)?

1) It's a bug. If you save it in Mathcad version 12 .mcd format it doesn't happen. However, you may lose some content from your worksheet if you save in this old format.

2) No.

3) Go to "Tools", "Worksheet Options", "Unit System". Select "Custom". In the derived units delete Pa for pressure and replace it with MPa.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-1824482)

1) It's a bug. If you save it in Mathcad version 12 .mcd format it doesn't happen. However, you may lose some content from your worksheet if you save in this old format.

2) No.

3) Go to "Tools", "Worksheet Options", "Unit System". Select "Custom". In the derived units delete Pa for pressure and replace it with MPa.

Many thanks for the swift reply.

I followed your instructions for question 3 and this has removed the X for the pressure Units which are now default as MPa.

I did have to delete the answer of each equation and press return for the X to disappear, but the worksheet looks so much better now.

Thanks again for your help.

Top Tags